Wednesday 1 August 2012

New booksies



vN by Madeline Ashby





The Corpse Rat King by Lee Battersby





Besieged by Rowena Cory Daniells


My Australian buying spree meant that books read in Australia or on the plane didn’t count towards the read three buy one restriction. So I have to finish one more book before I can buy more. However! I was lucky enough to receive three books for review in the meantime.

From Angry Robot on NetGalley:

  • vN by Madeline Ashby - about sentient self-replicating robots (the vN stands for von Neumann machine). I’ve made a start and am enjoying it so far

  • The Corpse Rat King by Lee Battersby - Out at the end of August, this is the first novel from a prolific Australian writer of short fiction. I’ve enjoyed some of his stories, so I look forward to reading his first novel
And then from the wonderful Rowena Cory Daniells I received her latest novel, Besieged. I absolutely loved her last trilogy, King Rolen’s Kin so I am very excited to read this. I expect to be unable to put it down and then pine that I have to wait for books 2 and 3 to reach me. Stay tuned for a review in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.