Wednesday 31 October 2012

New Booksies

I like books. Breaking news, I know.

I got two lovely new books in the mail recently from Rowena Cory Daniells: Exile and Sanctuary, books 2 and 3 of the Outcast Chronicles. You can read my review of book 1, Besieged, here.

Photo of Exile and Sanctuary.


Inscription for Exile on the right reads: "To Tsana the Astrophysicist. How cool is that! cheers, R". Inscription to Sanctuary on the left reads: "To Tsana, Hope this book sweeps you away & leaves you wanting more! cheers, R" the last part of which is a cruel thing to write in a book 3 ;-p
And then I accidentally discovered that Lois McMaster Bujold's new Vorkorsigan book, Captain Vorpatril's Alliance is out (I wasn't expecting it for a few weeks) so I had to spend one of my accrued achievement unlocked books on that, as I predicted I would when I instigated the ban on spending the +1s until Xmas. In my excitement, I've already read and reviewed it.

Cover of Captain Vorpatril's Alliance by Lois McMaster Bujold

In case you're interested, subtracting a book for Bujold means that I've currently got two books saved up from my read-three-buy-one scheme (and one more to read before I unlock another). My reading has been a bit slower than usual because real life has been a bit busier than usual (and probably won't let up until, well, next year). Sigh.

And finally, I got Shine Light, the last in Marrianne de Pierres's Nightcreatures trilogy, following Burn Bright and Angel Arias. Thanks to Random House Australia and Netgalley. Looking forward to reading this soon and seeing how the series concludes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.