Saturday 27 April 2013

And the Ditmar winners are...

The nice thing about the internet and Twitter age is the prevalence of live-tweeting events one cannot attend. It almost feels like being there. Sean has also made a nice Storify collection of the event here. Meanwhile, I've attempted to collate all the award winners in this post. They're not in the order they were announced (roughly reverse order, actually, because I copy-pasted from my shortlist post) and I hope I didn't miss any of the extra awards. I think I got them all, but please correct me if I accidentally skipped something.

And of course, a big congratulations to all the winners!

Best Novel
Best Novella or Novelette
Best Short Story
  • “The Wisdom of Ants”, Thoraiya Dyer, in Clarkesworld 75
Best Collected Work
Best Artwork
  • Cover art, Kathleen Jennings, for Midnight and Moonshine (Ticonderoga Publications)
Best Fan Writer
  • Tansy Rayner Roberts, for body of work including reviews in Not If You Were The Last Short Story On Earth
Best Fan Artist
  • Kathleen Jennings, for body of work including “The Dalek Game” and “The Tamsyn Webb Sketchbook”
Best Fan Publication in Any Medium
  • The Writer and the Critic, Kirstyn McDermott and Ian Mond
Best New Talent
  • David McDonald
William Atheling Jr Award for Criticism or Review
  • Tansy Rayner Roberts, for “Historically Authentic Sexism in Fantasy. Let's Unpack That.”, in tor.com 
Peter McNamara Lifetime Achievement Award
  • Nick Stathopolous
Norma K Hemming Award
A Bertram Chandler Award for outstanding achievement
  • Russell B Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.